Janesville Brick has served the construction industry in Southern Wisconsin for nearly 60 years. Our location at 1801 West Court Street is the same as the former Janesville Brick Works, where face brick was manufactured from 1906 through the mid 1930’s. As the
brick-making industry was peaking in Wisconsin in the early 1900’s, brothers Frederick & Edward Freeze from Monroe, Wisconsin started Janesville Brick Works in 1906 on Pleasant Street (currently Court Street).
The brick manufacturing ceased in the mid 1930’s, and in 1946, B.J. Wortmann purchased the company from the Freeze Brothers. It was renamed Janesville Brick & Fuel Yards. B. J. Wortmann maintained operations until 1976, when he sold the company to the current owner, Duke Kelly. In 1998, Janesville Brick purchased the former Polyock Block Co., now know as Lakes Brick & Block in Zenda, Wisconsin, which produces quality concrete block and distributes the finest clay brick. These two companies are qualified with the expert knowledge and products to serve the Southern Wisconsin area for many years to come.
Janesville Brick offers a full line of masonry products and represents some of the premier brick manufactures in the United States. Some of the top quality products offered at Janesville Brick include cultured stone, natural stone, retaining walls, Unilock Pavers, Heatilator Fireplaces, and masonry fireplace products and accessories. Janesville Brick takes pride in being part of the construction industry and is committed to offering personalized attention and outstanding customer care to every client.